Can't uninstall bot from Facebook page

Hi there. I created a bot and connected it on one Facebook page.

I then disconnected the original bot on Flow as I want to connect a new messenger bot (using the same flows) to a new FB page.

When I try and do so, I get the error: Setup of Facebook Messenger bot failed.

I also can’t seem to uninstall the flowxo app from the original Facebook page that was connected?

Can you please help?

We are seeing the same problem, not sure if this is a facebook problem, but we disconnected a bot from a fb page, then went to the page settings -> Messenger Platform and in the flowXO app listed clicked on “Uninstall” and the button just pops up the usual notification saying that this will remove the app, etc…etc… click OK and then… Nothing, it doesn’t remove it, doesn’t do anything… any ideas?

(Karen Barker) #3

Hey there :wave:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Generally the only issues when creating bots is if the login to facebook has failed. If you’re still having problems with this please can you email in to support@flowxo.com and include screenshots of the error and how you are trying to set the bot up?

With regards to the inability to uninstall the page from an app this is an issue you would need to talk to Facebook regarding unfortunately as it’s nothing that we control - the same problem occurs if you use your own app as well rather than ours!

hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. Actually the issue is only about uninstalling the app from the page. When I use our own Facebook app, I have no problems uninstalling it. But if I use the flowXO app (as a consequence of using the page method on bot creation instead of my own app) if later I want to uninstall the bot, is not letting me. I did experience the same thing once with our own app and the way we resolved it was by going into the app admin console an removing the web hook entry to the page, but that can only be done from the app administration console (which flow controls). I suspect the issue could be the same thing, some sort of orphaned web hook configuration between the Facebook app and the page and that is why the uninstall button doesn’t work in the page.