Buttons not showing in FB Messenger

(Augusto Vera) #1

I made a little chatbot demo for HR Jobs first interview screening, but I see that sometimes the buttons do not show in FB Messenger, ¿is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @Augusto_Vera1

Facebook impose a maximum limit of 20 characters per button. If you exceed this value on even 1 button in an action then all the buttons will display as text.

(Augusto Vera) #3

But even with less than 20 chars in all buttons I have seen times when buttons just won’s show up at all, having to break the conversation. Not frequent but some customers have pointed this sometimes on perfectly crafted less than 20 chars button menus.

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi @Augusto_Vera1,

If you can send us screen shots when you see this happen we will be able to take a closer look. Thanks :slight_smile:

(Augusto Vera) #5

Hello Karen, this failure is rather frequent since April, I am surprised no one here reported it to you guys, and it relates to a probable bug in FB messenger for Android Mobiles, there is even a reporting thread since April please share it so that all chatbot related people can build pressure for Facebook to fix this as soon as possible.

(Alan Edgett) #6

I’m still having this issue. anyone else?