Broadcast to inactive users

(Jordan Ahli Bank) #1

Hey All,

Is it possible to broadcast only users that are inactive for 3 days for example telling them that we miss them?

Thanks

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there,

The only way to do this would be to set a “LastActive” attribute on a user. Each time they trigger a flow you’d need to update the attribute to the time and date of the trigger. Once you have this attribute then you’ll be able to send a broadcast which filters based on the LastActive attribute.

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

(Prakhar Monga) #3

@KarenBarker could you please explain how to set a filter, in this case, to broadcast to users not being active from last 3 days and how to send recurring broadcast after 7 days or 15 days to the same users if they still remain inactive?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

Hi @Prakhar_Monga

As Karen described you would need to set an Attribute in your flow(s) to keep track of the last time a user was active. For example, you could set an Attribute called ‘LastActive’ with a value of the date/time output from the flow trigger.

In your broadcast you could then set a Filter for the LastActive attribute being less than or equal to the date that you want to exclude from.

Broadcasts aren’t really setup to be repeated so you’d need a separate flow to trigger than uses a Wait action and then checks the attribute value for ‘LastActive’ and repeats if they’re not active. The action for ‘trigger a flow’ can be used to repeat a flow that uses a matching keyword or phrase.

(Prakhar Monga) #5

@DanielBeckett I want my flow to check automatically what date is today and users who have not interacted from last 3 days only gets the broadcast.
I can’t figure out what to do after setting up the last active attribute.
can you make a sample flow and share?
Thanks.