Bot using attributes to create a leaderboard

(Ben Tossell) #1

I’m new to Flow XO and fairly non-technical (so handle with care :slight_smile: )

I’m looking to build a bot like https://www.heytaco.chat/ where when a user enters an emoji, it adds value to an attribute. This would also ideally be connected to a leaderboard that can be fetched via Slack.

I’d happily pay for a dev/service to help me get something built as I don’t see enough tutorials to help me figure this out in a competent manner to then ‘sell’ as a product.

Appreciate your help/recommendations.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @bentossell,

Sorry for the delay in responding. :blush:

You’d need a flow set to trigger on the specific emoji that you’re looking for - for example HeyTaco uses :taco:.

You can then set an attribute that is called the users name and increment the score by 1. Rather than setting the attribute against an individuals response path it might be best to set it on a global response path (in the response path field just type anything memorable). This means that the attributes will be available against all users. To create the leaderboard you’d just need to use the Get All Attributes action with the global response path and display the returned values using a Send a Message action. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: