Bot is missing trigger messages from Twilio

I have a Twilio bot connected to 7 flows. Each flow starts with a “new message” trigger, so that the flow should be triggered when the appropriate message arrives. But only about half the flows are actually being triggered.

For the flows that are not triggering, I can in the Twilio logs that the message is received by Twilio, but apparently the bot doesn’t pick up on it. Even more maddeningly, they have all worked properly at some point within the past week. But now they’re not.

I know SMS can be unreliable, but if the message successfully reaches Twilio’s platform, why would my bot not “see” it?

I have verified that the bot is correctly connected to all the flows.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there,

So that we can debug what is happening here, please can you email us at support@flowxo.com including screen shots of you Flow XO interaction logs, screen shots of the Twilio logs showing when messages haven’t triggered your flows. Please can you also share your flows so we can recreate the situtions. To share a flow please edit the flow, click the private button and then make the flow public which will give you a share URL.

Thanks, Karen. I couldn’t replicate the problem of messages not appearing in the interaction log, and after looking at my flows again, I think the problem was that I had a message at the end of the initial flow which was supposed to be a fallback in case the user said something unexpected that didn’t lead to another flow. I redesigned the initial flow, and things seem to be working fine now.

2 Likes