Attributes won't update even with Get Attribute

(Will) #1

Hi there,

Attributes are not updating. Even using Get Attribute right after.

Log shows data being normally updated, but when I call the attribute again in a Send Message action, it shows old data.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: metadata updates perfectly, only attributes shows issues.

Thanks,
WIll

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi Will,

When you select the output from the list is it the trigger that you’re using or the get attribute action’s output?

Thanks,
Dan

I see this too. I got around it by triggering a new flow and doing the new actions in there. It seems to me that attributes don’t properly update until you leave a flow.

(Will) #4

Hmmmmm, good point. Probably the output from the list…

I’ve just checked that and you nailed it.

I was selecting the output from the list (old data) and not from the get attribute action’s output (updated data).

Thanks Daniel!

Cheers,
Will

I am very frustrated with the attributes functionality. I have tried using the Get Attributes as described above but that is not working for me. It looks to me like attributes are not updating. Period.

1 Like
(Daniel Beckett) #6

Sorry to hear that the attributes are causing some frustration :worried:

There’s a tutorial for Using Attributes in Flow XO which might help clarify how the service works. If you’re still having trouble though you could share your flow with the support team by emailing support@flowxo.com - we could offer more suggestions about what could be going wrong.

Hi, I also face the problem, that an set attribute holds the value from the previous chat even I use the get attribute workflow element. If anyone has an idea what I have done wrong, please let me know.

My flow:

1. set the value of the attribute to 0 at the beginning of the flow (pic 1)
  2. get attribute to have the updated value 0 within the flow (pic 2)
  3. work with the attribute within the flow (increment the value every time the user answers with yes and use the get attribute element to be able to present the user at the end the number of “yes”

But even after the first reset the attributes holds the value from the last flow!? (and this doesn’t change during my whole flow)

I hope I have something overseen and there ist anyone who has an idea what :wink:
Thx
C

(Sarah Palombo) #10

@ChK a seemingly silly request but would you mind clicking on the output of the Set an Attribute
What does that log show. You can copy this out if you need.
If you’d prefer you can email a response to support@flowxo.com
Thank you ! :slight_smile:
Sarah

(Sarah Palombo) #11

@ChK also on the get an attribute task, your using the attributes from the trigger (the start of the flow) not the one that’s just been set

You can change this to get the results from you’re set attribute. Like so:
{{set_an_attribute.attributes__number_of_yes}}

Has that helped :slight_smile:

Sarah

Thx that worked!
I knew there was an error but I didn’t see it :wink:

I have seen that there is a counter in the parameter e.g. {{set_an_attribute_2.attributes__number_of_yes}}
which is increased with every set_attribute module … I think I have to get into the underlaying architecture :wink:

Attributes basic question