Agent start a flow

(Roy Waarts) #1

Hi,

Is it possible for a live agent to start a flow?

Thank you!

Roy

1 Like
(Nathan Stults) #2

Not directly - depending on your goals, you could have a flow with a ‘Live Chat Ended’ trigger, but it would start after all live chats for everyone. There may be other ways as well, such as having a utility flow that the agent could trigger in slack or in conversation directly with the bot where the agent would provide the response path of a user and the utility flow could initiate any other desired flow using that response path, but that would be a rather advanced setup.

(Roy Waarts) #3

thanks! i will explain what i am trying to make. I volunteer for a small sports club. We will soon be playing Bingo via Youtube because we all have to be at home and have a curfew due to the Corona measures. I’m trying to create a flow that responds to the word “Bingo” The flow would then look something like this. user: Bingo! bot: congratulations bot: What number did you have bingo with? user: 23 bot: what type of bingo do you have? user: horitontal line bot: Now send a picture of your Bingo card to check the bingo bot: connect to live chat. Well, I want us to be notified immediately when someone calls out bingo. Now that only happens when the live chat starts. I was thinking, if someone sends Bingo to start the live chat immediately, but the bot must then automatically ask the following questions. There is only 1 person behind the live chat. And that is why it would be useful if all control questions were asked automatically, but that when someone sends Bingo we immediately get a notification so that we can pause the game.