Agent Service is Now Messaging

(John Jackson) #1

We’ve renamed the Agent Service to Messaging. We think this better reflects what the service does.

As we now have the Catch-all trigger, we’ve also removed the option to set up new Connect to an Agent and Disconnect an Agent actions (although existing flows are unaffected). If you want to create a bot that forwards any unrecognised message to you via email, you can now do that simply by setting up a Catch-all trigger with a Send a Message to Email action.

For more information about the Messaging service, please see the docs or ask us right here.

(Yun) #2

Hi there John,

What is the replacement actions for Connect to an Agent and Disconnect an Agent?

Without these two features, my user is unable to give me a reply without triggering my existing Catch-all, which is very frustrating as almost all of my email replies to the forwarded messages are usually a question.

Please help!

(Kellsey Shaw) #3

Hi Yun,

There are no Connect and Disconnect methods anymore but there is a way to get around this :slight_smile:

You can send a shortcut, something like ‘reply’, with each message to the user via the messaging service (added in the settings of the send message) so that the user would trigger a flow that could ask for their next message and then pass this along to the agent.

Alternatively, if you would prefer a more ‘chat’ like experience, you could use an attribute to set a value that would indicate that the user is in conversation. You would use a filter on the messaging task to only pass the message along to the agent if the user was in conversation (based on the value of the attribute).

If you send a shortcut to end/stop the conversation along with the message to the user (in the messaging settings) you can use this to trigger a flow that ends the conversation by updating that attribute value to indicate the conversation has ended.

Hopefully, this all makes sense

Re: "Agent Service is now Messaging"
(Anish Duggal) #4

Hello Kellsey,

How would one send a shortcut to end the conversation and change an attribute thru an email reply?

Thanks