Add Shortcuts to Messages and Cards

(Emi Akino) #41

Ok,I got it, thank you :slight_smile::+1:

(Abd Elrahman El Ghazy) #42

Hello @KarenBarker,
I was making a Welcome & Help flow. And when i was editing the shortcuts thing i couldn’t have the value of the shortcut. For example: if the shortcut 1, Value=A. when i test it no value comes out.bot%20capture

(Karen Barker) #43

Hi @AbdElrahman_ElGhazy,

Could you confirm which messaging platform you are using here please?

When the user clicks on the shortcut it will the show the name of the shortcut in the chat window, but in the background Flow XO will then look for a flow that has the value as a trigger word and trigger this flow in order for the user to proceed.

What are your keywords for your flow triggers? It looks like there isn’t one set up to match value.

(Abd Elrahman El Ghazy) #44

I am using facebook messenger.
can you please explain more how to do it because i have been trying to do it for a couple of days now.

(Karen Barker) #45

Hi,

For shortcut’s to work you’ll need 2 or more flows. The first flow where you offer the shortcuts and then a flow which matches either the shortcut name (if you don’t provide a value) or the value if you are adding one.

There’s a couple of flows you can install here which should show you how this works.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

(Abd Elrahman El Ghazy) #46

Thanks alot @KarenBarker ,
Yes it helped. Regards :slight_smile:

(Hasan786) #47

You’ve been able to add (shortcut buttons) to the welcome message for some time now, and we’ve supported buttons on questions pretty much since the beginning.

I dont know hot wo put more than just one (Shortcut Option) after the Welcome Text?

?

(Nathan Stults) #48

Each flow you create that has a New Message trigger will, by default, appear as shortcuts after the welcome message. The first phrase in the New Message trigger’s configuration will be used as the button text.

(Hasan786) #49

First of all thanks for your time and help. :slight_smile: I want more than just one button? Lets say after the Welcome Text, i would like to have three shortcut Buttons… YES, NO, MAYBE?
I know you can create these with (Ask a Question).
But it would be awesome if i can create three Shortcut Buttons straight after the welcome Text, so my flow wont be to long.

And one more thing to ask, if a User replies in Facebook Chat…by default he gets the Welcome Message again and again. How can i stop this. I already tried to put a Filter on the Welchome Text… like ( Lets get started) so the welcome Message just appears if a new user starts the flow and not for every Repply of the User.

Thank you very much

(Nathan Stults) #50

If you wanted Yes, No and Maybe to be buttons after the shortcut text, then you would create three flows, each with a New Message trigger. One flow would have as its trigger phrase YES, one would have as its trigger phrase NO and one would have as its trigger phrase MAYBE. Then, by default, these would show as shortcuts after the welcome text.

You can prevent the welcome message from showing over and over by having a flow with a Catch All trigger that either does nothing, or responds how you would like when the bot doesn’t understand what a user is saying.

1 Like
(Hasan786) #51

i will try to apply it, thank you once again for your Help, you guys are doing a great job :slight_smile:

(Sam nath) #52

Hello everyone
Please I have been trying to edit my telegram bot but I haven’t been able to do so please can someone help me