Add, calculate and retrieve record in Google spreadsheet

Hi,

Would like to check if it is possible to add record follow by auto sum that particular record and lastly retrieve out the result as show on the first row of the image.

If it is possible, could anyone advice me on this issue.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there,

It looks like you’ve emailed us with this question to so I’ve responded over there. :slight_smile:

(Sarabjeet Singh) #3

Ma’ am Please provide the solution for the same, as i am facing the same solution

1 Like
(Karen Barker) #4

Our Google Sheets integration allows you to add a record to the sheet and also search for or Get a row.

The slight complication you may encounter is that unfortunately there is a known issue at the moment where if you have formulas in your Google Sheet then when you add or update a row these get overwritten. There are 2 options to get round this.

1. You can move all formulas to a different sheet and use these to update the relevant values in the 1st sheet.
  2. You can use the Number service within Flow XO to do the calculations before adding the record in the first place.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

(Sarabjeet Singh) #5

Ma’am I am actually making a Bot for food ordering service , and I want to
save a record for individual user i.e the item they added to cart and
quantity of the item corresponding to their fb_id.

But I am unable to do so. As it is unable to search the particular
attribute where I have to fill.

I am also unable to retrieve that particular row where the fb_id matches
for the user

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi @sarabjeet_Singh,

The best thing here might be for you to share your flow with us at support@flowxo.com. Once we can see exactly how you’ve tried to implement this we’ll be able to see better what is going wrong. If you can also share the setup of your google sheet this will help too so I can recreate it in my own account.

Thanks. :slight_smile: