Add a lead in Salesforce

I’ve connected my Salesforce account and added the ‘action’ add a lead for Salesforce when someone enter their email.

However, when I check in Salesforce this doesn’t seem to be sending the lead. I have other actions setup when someone adds an email, and these all work. Adding the Salesforce action above one of the working elements e.g. send a card, also breaks the working element.

We have the enterprise edition, and I’m testing this on a page on the website, not in the test console.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @rpm

Do you see any errors in the interaction logs for your flow?

Hi @DanielBeckett,

Thanks for your reply! I get the following error:

“Unable to create/update fields: Lead_Number__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.”

I think this is related to the lead number field, which is mandatory. I used {{catchall.user_id}} and {{ask_a_question_3.parsed_answer}}. Should this just be a number? I wanted to add a variable so that it wouldn’t give all leads the same number.

Thanks,

I’ve tested it using a number and I get this error in the log:

“Unable to create/update fields: Lead_Number__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.”

I’m guessing our Salesforce account doesn’t have permission to write the lead number? Is it possible to remove this from the Flowxo options?

(Daniel Beckett) #5

@rpm Flow XO will pick up any fields available from the API. There’s no way to exclude a specific field.

There’s definitely some problem with permissions on the Salesforce side so you may want to run that error message by the Salesforce support team to see if they can point you in the right direction.

Thanks, Daniel. Working now!