Choice buttons disappear from Messenger after using text reply instead of choice

Hi,

I’m using Facebook Messenger to create something like an FAQ bot. I’m using Ask A Question to get users to answer some questions from my bot by clicking on choices. At first my choice buttons appear, no issue there, but when I replied using text (same as the text on the buttons), my buttons don’t come back anymore.

After I answer with text instead of clicking on the button, my choices are no longer buttons:

This is similar to a question in response to an announcement by FlowXO here: Buttons Support in Messenger & Telegram

Have tried changing my card in FlowXO, removing choices and adding them back again, but I can’t seem to get my choices back as buttons. Anyone faced a similar issue? Managed to find a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Was playing around and happened to stumble on the solution. Turns out the choices have a character/ word limit or something like that. Changed the wordings of my choices and they seem ok now. Hope this helps someone else!

(Karen Barker) #3

Hi Dawn,

Yes - the character limit on a choice button is 20 characters. :slight_smile: