Very Slow loading

(Chris Kyriacou) #1

HI,

Is there a way of pre-loading the bot in the background before the user clicks to open it?

I ask because sometimes it takes a bit too long to load after people click and they are just closing it.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately not that I can think of. What sort of opening speeds are you experiencing that are causing users to close it before it’s fully loaded.

A couple of alternatives could be to use the Web Messenger API and open the web messenger automatically when the web page loads, or alternatively you could use the new Web Messenger shortlinks.

(Chris Kyriacou) #3

Typically 6 to 8 seconds to load, but it looks like it’s not working, especially when people are used to seeing something instantly.

Maybe embedding an Iframe in a pop up would work…

No worries

(Steve Anlorn) #4

I agree with @carlito944,

The embed chat widget is slow to initiate. I do not think people want to wait that long.
I compared to other platform, they can load their widget to start the conversation almost instantly.

I hope FlowXO can speed up the time constrain

(Karen Barker) #5

Hi @Steve_Anlorn,

Unfortunately we are aware that at times we are seeing slow connection speeds with the Web Messenger however at the moment the development team are extremely busy working on new features and are currently unable to look further into the issue. I am sure that this will be revisited in the future as we are always aiming to improve the service but for now I’m afraid these are the sort of speeds that we are going to be seeing.

(Kevin Robinson) #6

I hope this can be revisited very soon. Ultimately, new features are worthless if users can’t use them.