Limit the use of interactions per bot

THERE IS SOME WAY TO LIMIT THE USE OF INTERACTIONS PER BOT?

(Kellsey Shaw) #2

Hi Oliver,

There isn’t a built-in feature to limit usage on particular bots but you could set an attribute to keep a count of the interactions and use the bot name instead of the response path so that the counter is set based on the bot rather than the user.

You would need to use the Attributes > Set Attribute to increment the counter each time the flow is triggered and use a filter on the Bot trigger to check that the attribute is less than the max number that you want to allow. :thumbsup:

(Tom) #3

@kellseyshaw Question on this - can a filter be set so that “If a user had interacted with a bot within a certain amount of days ago, it won’t allow the user to continue in the flow”?

I’m using flows and bots to automate text message marketing for clients, I’d like them to schedule and send their own broadcasts but want to restrict how many times a week they can do so.

I see filters on date, but that looks like Future calculations - any info on checking activity in the past would be great. Thanks!

(Daniel Beckett) #4

Hi Tom,

There’s a method that you can use to calculate the time between two dates. Sarah covered this over on this thread if you’d like to take a look. You could combine the method used there with an attribute that records the date of the last time your user finished your flow and then compare that against today’s date.

If you run into any problems feel free to let me know or email into support@flowxo.com :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Dan